Last Updated: February 2020
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website not operated by Reindeer Owners and Breeders Association to which the Site links or that links to the Site.
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide our Site to you and improve it. For example, we can use your personal information to:
- Help make the Site easier for you to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- Help you quickly find information, products and services.
- Email Address. The Site permits you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to signing up for email newsletters, contacting Reindeer Owners and Breeders Association and receiving company updates. You may unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of the message.
- Order Registration. Before placing orders on the Site, you may complete an online registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide us with certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing address, phone number, email address and credit card information. This information is used for billing purposes, order fulfillment, order related communication, returns and internal marketing purposes. Your country of residence may also be requested in order to comply with laws and regulations of the region.
- Online Account. You may choose to register for an online account for the Site. When creating an account you may be asked to provide your name, age, gender, address, email and interests. We may use this information to customize messages sent to you. You are not required to register an account to use the Site. You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the settings on your web browser. Browsers typically allow you to prevent acceptance of new cookies, disable cookies altogether or set up notifications for when cookies are sent to it. The Help section on your browser, usually found in the toolbar, often has instructions on how to change cookies settings.
If you do not choose to modify your browser’s cookies settings, cookies will be issued when you use the Site. If you do not accept cookies or decide to disable them, you will still be able to access and use the site. However, you may lose some features and functionality on the site that rely on cookies.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site. We may also log your Internet Protocol (IP) address, Internet service provider and date/time stamp for system administration, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
- Age. We respect the privacy of children. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, do not submit any personal information to us. Rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
- Third Parties. We may combine information you provide us with data we have collected offline, data that is publicly available and data from third parties. We reserve the right to, at times, contract with third party vendors to provide ads on the Site to visitors on our behalf via the Internet.
Information Use and Disclosure
- Internal Use. We use your personal information to provide you with customer service. Personal information may also be used to improve the Site’s content and layout, to improve outreach for our own marketing efforts and to determine general information about Site visitors.
- Communications with You.
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site and your orders and delivers and we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us.
- You may submit your email address for reasons such as to sign up for email newsletters, request information or directly contact Reindeer Owners and Breeders Association. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe from future emails with the exception of communication regarding orders.
- We may use the personal information provided by you or collected from third parties to send you direct mail communications.
- External Use. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than affiliates under Reindeer Owners and Breeders Association’s control, except:
- Like most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them perform their service. The primary occurrence of sharing this information is in the shipping and delivery of products.
- Also, as part of the purchasing process, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit card processors and issuers. State-of-the-art encryption is used when submitting your credit card number for authorization to protect your information.
- We may disclose such information in response to requests from law enforcement officials conducting investigations; subpoenas; a court order; or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law. We also will release personal information where disclosure is necessary to protect our legal rights, enforce agreements or protect others or ourselves. For example, we may share information to reduce risk of fraud or if someone uses or attempts to use the Site for illegal reasons or to commit fraud.
- We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly identify you or any user.
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Upon request, we will
- Correct or update your personal information
- Provide you with the personal data you have entered on the Site that has been retained
- Stop sending marketing communications to your email or home address
- Disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account
- Block or suppress processing of your data
- Fully erase your personal data. This does not include data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You can make these requests by contacting us directly via email or phone. To opt-out of email communications, click the unsubscribe link located at the bottom on the message. We always permit you to unsubscribe from future emails with the exception of communication regarding orders. Please allow up to ten days for any changes to take effect.
For information on disabling cookies see Information Collection, section D. For information on opting out of advertising and analytics tracking see Information Use and Disclosure, section D.
Updates to the Policy
Effective February, 2020
If you have any additional questions about ROBA’s collection and storage of data, please contact us:
Reindeer Owners and Breeders Association